- Standards for the practice of midwifery.Author, Silver Spring, MD2005
American College of Nurse-Midwives. (n.d.a). Midwifery 101. Silver Spring, MD: Author. Retrieved from http://www.mymidwife.org/Midwifery_101.cfm.
American College of Nurse-Midwives. (n.d.b) Di¡erences between nurse-midwives, other midwives and doulas. Silver Spring, MD: Author. Retrieved from http://www.mymidwife.org/nurse_midwife.cfm
American College of Nurse-Midwives. (n.d.c) Differences between nurse-midwives, other midwives and doulas.
- Midwifery practice-what is a midwife.Author, Montreal, Quebec, Canada2008
- What is a Canadian registered midwife?.Author, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada2008
- Definition of the midwife.Author, The Hague, Netherlands2005
- Births: Final data for 2005. National Vital Statistics Report. 2007; 56 (Retrieved from) (Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics): 1-104
- Certified professional midwives in the United States.Author, Washington, DC2008
- What is a professional midwife?.Author, Putney, VT2001
- NARM mission statement.Author, Liburn, GA2008
World Health Organization. (n.d.) What nursing and midwifery services mean to health. Geneva, Switzerland: Author. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/hrh/nursing-midwifery/lea£et.pdf
An official position statement of the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric & Neonatal Nursing
The Midwifery position statement was approved by the AWHONN Executive Board, April 1985. Reaffirmed, 1990, 1992. Revised and reaffirmed, November 1993. Reaffirmed, 1995. Revised, re-titled and reaffirmed, April 2000. Revised and reaffirmed, January 2009.
AWHONN2000 L St. N.W., Suite 740 Washington, DC 20036 (800) 673-8499